Thursday, November 22, 2007

2 Weeks aka I Am Never Moving Again

How many times have I moved, and how many times have I said the same thing? It started off ok - removalists, storage, paying a small fortune - then dear Jay helping me haul boxes and boxes over to mum's. Most of it done - what a godsend he is - except my tv weighs more than a whale. Instead of storing it, I thought Kath might like it, except it's unliftable. Drop dead Grundig. I thought I was paying for quality, not lead.

I am never moving again. Who needs all this stuff? Boxes and boxes of books. Who needs books? Pff, Eurotrash. Who needs half of Peter's of Kensington in their kitchen? Who needs all these CDs, who needs DVDs? What is wrong with just sitting in an empty room staring at the wall? I haven't started on the clothes. I don't want clothes, I don't want shoes. Actually, I can't say that. I want my shoes. All of them. But the policy has to be, closed toes come, open toe stay.

Goodbye Surry Hills! I hope the tenant will look after the place. I looked around today, hollow and empty of furniture, and I love it so much. I'll come back and put in new carpet, a new dishwasher, maybe even put something on the walls finally. So, the next two weeks at mum's. I hope we get along and not kill each other.

A jam-packed two weeks, and then, jumping into the new.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Good luck with wrapping up the next two weeks -- sounds like you've been super-organized and done really well with pulling it all together. You've done much better than I ever would, I'm sure! But I sure as hell hate moving too... We've got to do it realy SOON and I don't even want to think about it!

So exciting that in something like two weeks you'll be in Amsterdam -- WOW!

12:54 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

It's a pain isn't it!
In five years I moved from Surry Hills to Double Bay to Vaucluse to Gold Coast to London to Gold Coast and about to move again!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

LB - good luck with the move my dear! It's having the help of those around you that keeps you sane. And yay, two weeks!

SC - good luck with your next move too, I feel your pain!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Just think of all that wonderful russian home cooking your mum will make.......

11:07 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I just thought how fat I am going to get over the next two weeks! I had planned to cook for her but she never lets me, and there is always so much food. Hence the hope we don't kill each other - in the kitchen at least!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think it would be irresponsible not to take at least one pair of open toed shoes!

see you Sunday!

11:16 AM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

I second Sara ... at least one pair of open toe shoes is a must. Current season you can get away with wearing with opaque or fine fishnet tights

Send my love to mum

x

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home