Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bacon And Egg Risotto

Yonks ago I thought about doing a bacon and egg risotto but forgot all about it, then the other day saw just that over at the more-ish Last Night's Dinner. My idea had been to fry an egg until the edges were crispy and serve that over the risotto, but the original idea from An Obsession With Food was to poach the egg yolk, and I had to try it. I forgot to saute the pancetta first (I was probably too busy scoffing it on it's own) but added it towards the end, when there was hardly any stock left and could easily fry it, the oil coating the rice deliciously.

Going back to look at the recipe now, I see we've served it the same with lots of chopped chives and also pancetta instead of bacon. Perfect packing-with-SATC-on-in-the-background comfort food.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

i love this post. looks sooooooooo yummy.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Mabs said...

Divine

12:48 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

This looks very yuumy. i love runny egg yolks..X

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is BRILLIANT. My husband loves bacon more than any person I've ever met before. I have to try this for him.

2:41 AM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

I am going to make this! Looks delicious

1:25 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Man, does that look DELISH! It's true, you prepare the most amazing things, Julia! Making my mouth water...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home