Thursday, November 08, 2007

4 Weeks

+ Have the first apartment inspection on Saturday. Am hanging around so no one pinches my shoes.
+ Packing and purging, it's amazing how much stuff is around that you just don't need. A box of videos. Magazines from years ago. Notebooks filled with giberish. Horns and a pitchfork. Such a good feeling to get rid of it all. If only you could be motivated to do it without a reason. Pff.
+ Going through your stuff also brings up old travel journals, that with a glass of wine bring back a flood of memories. It also brings up old photos where you are wearing jeans that now fit one leg.
+ Thanks Sydney for the cool, rainy weather - as if I won't have enough over there! I was counting on a few solid weeks of hot, beach weather but at least it's not tempting me away from important stuff like sorting and packing.
+ Farewell drinks are organised, as is a month of eating in and out. Attempting to cook up as much from my pantry and fridge/freezer as possible.
+ The next month will be gangbusters but it's sooo exciting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mabs said...

Oh it's getting so close! I've just moved in with my mum before I head off in Feb and I've purged so much stuff, it's a fantastic feeling.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

It is a great feeling - bet you're getting excited!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oooh I'm so excited for both of you!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Dot said...

i'm excited for you too!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home