Monday, November 05, 2007

It's November

Daylight savings is in the air and these long days are wonderful.

Spent some time with bubs after work on Friday - she's so funny. Woke up early on Saturday and headed to Fratelli Fresh. God I love this place, I get a happy feeling walking through the doors. Stocked up with a big box of beautiful fruit and vegetables, the colours (deep spinach green, pastel broad beans), the scents (summery mango, dusty potatoes). Then D and I headed into the adventure shop district to try on and price warm clothes. I expected to find lumpy, Michelin men-style stuff I would seriously hate but so much of it is really nice, fitted, warm, and more tech-savvy than a moon landing. Gratefully spent a quiet night at home, packing my books and laughing myself silly over Seinfeld.
Sunday couldn't sleep in, so got up and went down to the fish markets for some supplies for the week and for dad's birthday dinner. Met S and S for a coffee and nice catch up, then came home and made myself a Sunday roast lunch - Spanish roast lamb with baked peas. Kept the oven on in the heat and failed with dessert to take to the dinner (luckily the diabetic wholemeal cherry clafoutis I made at Kath's was better).
Dad's birthday dinner was nice, BBQ, seafood, easy, and he was even happy with his present of St Peter's Shiraz and gourmet goodies. Happy Birthday dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home