Monday, July 23, 2007

The Office

Watched the entire series of The Office over the weekend, having not seen it in a while. God that was one of the most brilliant, genius shows. I don't understand anyone that doesn't love it. Not like it, think it ok, but love it.

The layers of Brent (including the final softening by the love of a good woman), the nuances between Tim and Dawn, the confetti of characters hovering in the office. The repellant Lee. Sheila stealing glances at an annoyed Oliver. I used to have debates with people about why Dawn said no; I completely get it, the show tapping in so finely to the human condition, but fuck it rounds out perfectly.

So anyway, The Office is the best.

4 Comments:

Blogger surfercam said...

I hope it was the English version your were watching.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I wouldn't set eyes on the US version if you paid me.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is good as you say, But love it?

It makes me wince when the soiacl blunders start rolling one after another. I suppose I put myself in the situation and can just imagine how I would feel!!!

Graffiti

11:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The US version is a watered down version of the original genius. Ahhh, but the BBC version - you're so right. It's amazing. I love the way that David and Gareth make me squirm with embarassment for them. Or the stress and stomach knots Dawn and Tim give me. The show is just brilliant.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home