Friday, June 01, 2007

Freebie Fun

Last night D and I attended a product launch as part of a competition I'd won that included a night at the Sir Stamford Circular Quay. We had a hilaaaarious night making witty (read: drunk) observations, like that Jennifer Hawkins seems like a nice girl and is very pretty in person, that a loathed fashion designer has fat sausage fingers and it's about time he lost the accent, that Sydney girls dress all the same and you can only describe them as sheep, all while loitering around the oyster bar and scoffing divine finger food from a chef I still hate but seems like he's lifted his game, like Scotch (quail) eggs, mini arancini with rosemary, and more cocktails. Because well, we'll never be Jennifer Hawkins and wouldn't want to.

The hotel was nice as a freebie but it saddens me (does it? World poverty should sadden me, not the state of Sydney hotels) that it's called a five-star, aka there's no more room for improvement, this is the best. No, it's not. It's like any other chain hotel with Australian landscape prints on the wall, bain marie eggs and teenage staff, so my rec is don't spring for a romantic weekend there - stay at my place and I'll cook you a better breakfast.


L-r: cute-as-a-button and a designer I really admire; tiny and sweet; too plump for the stupid bolero; nuff said

4 Comments:

Blogger surfercam said...

I think I'll take myself on a romantic weekend to your place.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Actually I should add I'm not a morning person so you may have to wait a while for your brekkie...!

11:13 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

That's ok, I'll just be getting romantic with myself until you surface...

2:03 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Love your work ;-)

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home