Monday, March 26, 2007

The Love Of My Life

Going to see Dylan Moran tonight. It feels like only yesterday I was part-LMAO, part-lusting after him and sending 'marry me' vibes at the last show, but it's been almost a year.

I would do very well with him. We'd laugh and be sarcastic and acerbic and bitter and smoke and drink together. I don't want much.
+++
He's so good, so surreal funny. I am still sending "marry me" vibes, even if it is clear he's very much the family man now, damn. Still drinking and smoking on stage - it's heart-warming to have these few constants in life.

I look forward to dinner at La Ricetta almost as much as the show. I think it could be my favourite Italian restaurant in Sydney. The food is so, so good and dare I say authentic - garlic prawns sizzling in perfumed oil with dense bread to mop up the goodness; my beloved gnocchi gorgonzola with cloud-light gnocchi, topped with cruncy pistachios. Kath's rabbit was gamey and saucey and perfect for the cool night. I really love this place.

+++

On deciding to order the garlic prawns for entree, Kath: "should we get some garlic bread?" Thanks for the best line of the night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mabs said...

He's MINE!

Am going to see him in 22 days - not that I'm counting :)

Enjoy

1:40 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

We have been arguing over this since the last show I think ;-)

PS he's mine.

1:45 PM  
Blogger surfercam said...

OMG!
Gnocchi is one of my fave dishes!
I order it every time I see it on the menu, and that looks awesome! Must try it next time I am down.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Gnocchi (especially with such a rich sauce) is done so poorly so often, whereas this is heaven on a plate.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Mabs said...

*drool*

4:17 PM  
Blogger nikinpos said...

You know...after seeing that garlic prawn photo, I think I am just gonna have to go out tonight and find some. I'll have to make my own garlic bread though, the Italians don't go for that!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Luli said...

Dylan Moran is fantastic. I always loved him in Black Books. He and Billy Connolly are two of the greats.

Ooohh I miss Australian restaurants! I may be bias but I think that they're some of the best in the world.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home