Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Australia Day

I love starting the day with a bacon and egg Turkish roll and finishing the day with two slices of my annual pavlova bake.
I love that I can go to the beach at 5.15pm.
I love the smell of fish and chips in the air.
I love seeing men carrying slabs of VB the night before.
I love seeing the bogans with their shirts off, like it's the national day when you can get away with it.
I love the tween sluts clogging pubs, hoping to score like it's New Year's Eve.
I love seeing my little niece with an Australia flag temp tattoo.
I love that the weather has been hit or miss the past week but turns out to be a non-stop beauty for Australia Day - perfect blue skies, hot - the exact image when I think Sydney, my little piece of Australia.

2 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Oh, I miss Australia Day... especially pavlova! Actually the sun comes first, but food is a close second.

xx

11:53 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

That is VERY Australian.
I love it.
ps - I like how you like the guys carrying the cartons of VB on their shoulders. I am one of those guys.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home