Monday, January 22, 2007

So Excited, Can't Hide It

I start ballet on Wednesday! I am beyond excited. I studied at the very disciplined Academy Ballet from 4-14, and despite hating some moments - cold, wet wintery mornings and the unpleasant feeling of stepping into muddy puddles in the carpark; my hair pulled back into a bun so tight each strand was strained and the headaches that would come - I loved it. I loved the discipline, I loved the grace, I loved the poise. I loved doing my best. And now, after not finding any schools that did adult ballet, many have sprung up and I've found one near me at the gorgeous Seymour Centre. I went to Salvio's, home of annual clothing and shoe purchases as a little ballerina, and they are still there, still stacked to the ceiling with little boxes, and as they did more than 14 years ago, helped me pick out pink satin ballet shoes, feeling for the toe, and reassured me it was fine to have a black leotard (RAD regulations die hard, after all).

Positions, the barre, correcting the sickle - oh my!


Always the class clown

5 Comments:

Blogger machiruda said...

Ah, exciting indeed! Very jealous, I know exactly what you mean about why you love ballet and I've been looking for ages now to find adult classes at my level too. Nothing so far though :-( Enjoy!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I went back to ballet a few years ago, and then the school closed down shortly afterwards. I was so disappointed. I'm back into researching adult classes again because I miss it so much.
Have fun!

4:25 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

How fun. I never took ballet, but I'm always impressed by those who do it.

5:00 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Wonderful :) I took ballet in Adelaide and remember the headaches and sickled feet- but like you I loved it.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, ballet and script writing. Can't say I know anything about ballet-it's all 'swan' to me- but script writing is my bread and butter. So...film script, television drama script...drug script??? (That was a joke. You can laugh if you like)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home