Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Feeling Very Sydney

Last night I received a text from my sister, who's currently in Portsmouth, saying she was at the laundromat and feeling very British. I replied that I was having a dirty martini and about to have a junior Whopper and that I was feeling very Sydney.

Last night was a catchup with Julia, an American girl I met in Levanto 2.5 years ago. She's been living here almost ever since, in my neck of the woods, and we've only caught up once. Tsk tsk. Natalie joined us, I wish under better circumstances, but her strength amazes me.

mu shu could just well be my new favourite place (if only it wasn't in Bondi). With 'beds' to lounge around in, it is very SATC and actually a bit of fun. A round of dirty martinis and some bar snacks of deep fried sticky egg - glorious. But since when did martinis become hard work? I used to love a martini and there is no sexier drink, FACT. But now my favourite part is the olives. This is very disappointing.

My fortune with the delicious cookies at the end was: Man who has glass house dresses in basement. I think there's something in that for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home