Friday, December 02, 2005

This Week/Weekend

Bought: 2 pairs of dark distressed Jeans West jeans for $30 (bargain of the century or what?).
Enjoying: The little luxury that is dry cleaning. What a joy it is. You drop it off, they clean and iron your clothes, you pick it up, packaged in that crisp plastic sheet. It's like a present of almost-new clothes. I'm constantly searching for just-worn trousers I can bundle up and take in to get the 10% discount for 3 items.
Shocked: How can I hate the Black Eyed Peas (Shut Up and Where Is The Love make me want to put my fist through a wall) but actually like some of their songs? They make the best 'bop along in your car' summer music, the latest being My Humps. Ditto with Let's Get It Started and Don't Phunk With My Heart.
Listening to: Jamiroquai in concert! Saturday afternoon/night at Centennial Park - cannot wait!
Watching: Saw Joyeux Noel on Wednesday. Quite good, if somewhat simplified. Everyone thought it was a Laurel and Hardy comedy, whereas I was more interested in delving into the drama and emotions behind the gentle humour. Tonight, I am taking myself to see 5x2, and on Sunday afternoon, Broken Flowers. So many good movies at the moment!
Eating: Amazingly good Pacific oysters at sunset at the Watson's Bay Hotel last night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful week. The picture is gorgeous.

11:42 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I thought of you the other day. I actually dragged out my IRON (?!?!?) and ironed my white blouse. It looks terrible. Perhaps I should have the professionals do it!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I thought we shared the same motto: life is too short to iron.

1:06 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

beautiful - I've eaten there before and still remember it as one of my favourite meals. and, hello, too!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home