Monday, December 12, 2005

5x2

Having waited almost a year to see this movie (it was released in Noumea before here? Who would have thought) I finally saw it yesterday evening. I really loved it. I loved the format, the five snapshots of their lives, the characters, the way it looked, the soundtrack (which I bought first thing this morning - *sigh* Paolo Conte!). Loved how it was so tight, focusing on just them. The acting and nuances were perfect.

La Dauphine was not a fan - perhaps it affects you according to your own relationships, or where you are at in life when you view it. To me, everything about it resonated with honesty.

This seals for me what a talent Francois Ozon is. Having only seen Swimming Pool, Under The Sand and now 5x2 and loved each one, (can't wait for Le Temps Qui Reste but must until it's release here in March), each film is so complete and impacting. Each film leaves me thinking about it hours, days, eternities after, and that is so rare these days, and for the one director to have such an effect makes me stand back and wow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Under The Sand is in my top ten. I can't wait to read your review of Le Temps Qui Reste.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home