Monday, November 21, 2005

I *heart* Sydney

So many great things happening here at the moment!

+ 5x2 by Francois Ozon starts this week. It was on in Noumea last December so I have been waiting a year to see it (will let you know my thoughts, La Dauphine!). There's also Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, The Constant Gardener, Wolf Creek and 36, Quai des Orfevres, but I'm not sure, I know it will be trop 'ollywood.

+ Pissarro, The First Impressionist exhibition has just started at the AGNSW. It's been a while since such an impressive show has touched down in Australia and as usual Edmond Capon has done a wonderful job. The streets are filled with Pissarro flags, the program is extensive (including a wonderful film program and fun celebrity talks). I hope to have enough time to fit a few activities in.

+ I have barely watched TV since moving in but there are so many televisual goodies this week. Tonight, The Office Christmas Special. On Thursday there's Return Of The Chef (remember John Burton Race who took his family to France for a year? Brilliant show and recipes. Well he's back in England and opening a new restaurant). One of the secret channels on digital TV has Jacques Reymond's Secret Recipe on Friday but Sliding Doors is also on and I love that movie. The DVD recorder will be working overtime on Saturday with the plane-spotter in me drooling at the promo doco Airbus A380 and later on Lilya 4-Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home