Monday, October 29, 2007

5.5 Weeks

I thought yesterday how in 5.5 weeks the little everyday things will be put on hold, like chatting to Kath about nothing, popping over to mum's for a bagel and giving Nut a scratch, funny day-long emails with friends, driving around with Tiesto blaring.

+++
Friday evening I was in one of those non-moods, so had a walk around Chinatown, I always love it down there. Grabbed some noodles from Xic Lo, watched some tele and went to bed and slept for 12 hours. Saturday up and at it, cleaned the place, then popped over to Bondi for some supplies. There's a little strip of Bondi Road I love: from Ruskis Deli to Wellington Cakes. I don't think I've ever been to Ruskis Deli but I popped in for some cheese and ogled the smoked sausages, the dips, the piroshki. Past the pretty flower shop, Kemeny's always doing a roaring trade, the chicken shop, the greengrocers, and buying the last bagels and plum pockets from Wellington Cakes. Lunch with mum, then came home and sorted. through. the. entire. wardrobe. Went through the lot, clothes, shoes, photographed what I want to sell, collected for the charity bins, even found a gorgeous cherry red coat to take with me. All lovely and organised, such a good feeling. Now to pack it all up.
In the evening D and I had a laugh scouting for a farewell party location. We'll see what comes of it.
Over to Kath's on Sunday morning and we all walked over to the Boulevard Markets. The markets themselves are nothing but the cooking demonstrations, hosted by Joanna Saville, are fantastic. Yesterday was the gorgeous Adrian from El Bulli (not THE El Bulli, the Surry Hills El Bulli) who made delicious tapas. A pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. Then over to Manly for a fantastic jump in the waves, walk around and dinner on the beach.
Now, I've mapped out the 5.5 weeks till we leave, it's time to go gangbusters and finish the tax, pack up and ship out a whole apartment and get it rented out, and enjoy some time in Sydney, in the summer, with some fantastic people.

3 Comments:

Blogger AlphaChick said...

I too love that stretch of Bondi Road. Every time I drive past now (twice every 2 years) the nostalgia hits me. I hope it never changes ... that and poppy seed pastries at the Wellington Cake Shop.

Enjoy Sydney, because you will miss it. Take it from someone who's been there :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh I love the poppyseed pastries there too!

I will definitely miss it, but the move won't - probably! - be as longer term as yours, so I can imagine I won't have time to miss it all, with so much to pack in.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Cooks said...

and we'll try and make sure you won't miss it too much when you are here!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home