Monday, October 22, 2007

Bronte Beach

The beach I love.
Sunday was hot, the water numbingly cold, but impossible to get out of.
Is there anything more beautiful than Bronte Pool and it's edgeless jade surface...
The hot smell of fish and chips, on it's own, would be disgusting - oil, grease - but at the beach, on this busy Sunday, it mingles with the salty air and the happy shrieks of kids and shifts your mind off peaceful nothingness to insatiable craving.
But you must be strong, so you take another swim, and it's happy days.


4 Comments:

Blogger AlphaChick said...

Oh God ... I am so there! Just had someone else perfectly describe the start of Sydney summer ... how I feel now is my definition of homesick

10:33 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I can imagine...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You do realize there's no beach to speak of over here... :-/

6:30 AM  
Blogger Cooks said...

Mathilde beat me to it. Better pack warm sweaters and a warm coat. It's getting cold here!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home