Friday, September 21, 2007

Vic's Meat III

I never cook chicken. I can't remember the last time I did because in those days-be-gone it always turned out dry and tasteless. But my recipe folder had a few chicken curry recipes that were singing out to me, so I ordered some La Ionica chicken from Vic's. And yesterday the weather couldn't be more perfect for a curry, grey and autumnal.

I chose Gordon Ramsay's Malaysian Coconut Chicken Curry from his cookbook Sunday Lunch (or you can find the recipe here) and I'll just get to the point - it was absolutely delicious. You make the aromatic curry paste (easily with the food processor) and then simmer with beautiful star anise and cinnamon. The chicken was so tender and flaked at the fork. Wonderful! I'm back to being healthy so I was careful to skim the fat and when it cools you can skim the solidified fat even more.

Verdict: The chicken tasted incredible and is chemical-free and free-range - I'll definitely be ordering La Ionica from Vic's again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

dang
that looks good

do you think it would work with lamb?

I have 5kg of diced lamb to find something to do with....

9:56 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Definitely, just bung it in the oven with a lid on and let it simmer for longer. Yum.

11:46 PM  
Blogger tytty said...

i'm malaysian and that looks good!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I'm all for authentic recipes so thank you!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home