Thursday, September 13, 2007

Not All Martha

It's true I've been doing not much else apart from cooking cooking cooking and I've been very happy indeed * Spanish is almost at an end and I'm looking for another school to continue to the next level. My new thing is swearing in Spanish, I love it * To my grand dismay I'm feeling the guilty effects of what happens when you slide off the exercise wagon and desperately am willing myself to climb back on * We've passed the three month mark till we leave. Dad is talking to me again. We're learning that the Dutch are completely crazy (and the world's tallest people) and we can't wait to be amongst it. The bureaucracy sounds like it rivals France's (the pastries better be just as good) and the customer service is so far non-existant - no-one replies to email queries and even the consulate (open 10-1) just fob you off. It's disheartening at times but you can only laugh it off * 12-year-old models at Gold Coast Fashion Week, none of that sounds right. And she's no stunner, or is that not the point? I forget * Speaking of fashion, way to go Lover, one of the hottest Australian labels! Hawt with a capital WTF.

5 Comments:

Blogger surfercam said...

I fell off the 'exercise wagon' about a year ago and landed on the 'beer truck'... and it's not pretty...

10:26 AM  
Blogger simon said...

no.. the pastries are not as good as french. more like german food if you ask me

4:22 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

We'll be happy with the applecake.

9:05 PM  
Blogger steph- whisk/spoon said...

thanks for your comment on my blog, so i could find your blog! food and clothes--my favorite things! and swearing in spanish--i love it, too! i had the good fortune to work with a lot of hispanic guys in NYC restaurant kitchens before moving to sydney. they taught me how to curse like a mexican sailor, and i'm very proud of it!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Steph, thank you so much for stopping by! I absolutely love your blog and am even going to make your rhubarb brulee tarts tonight, so I'll let you know how they go.

You may have to pass some of those on, my favourite at the moment being no rompas mis huevos.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home