Monday, October 23, 2006

Gordon Ramsay Kissed Me

I am half drunk and delirious.

The lunch was very good, seared lamb rump - pink, juicy and with a thick layer of fat, mmm - over herbed couscous and eggplant puree. Parfait! The lemon tart dessert was less successful, a bit floury and less punchy than I would have liked, but a nice way to end a lunch. Superb wine, yes, and chocolates with cofee while we listened to him punch out some laughs and tales about his path to 68 million pound glory. Then we hopped in line to have him sign our new books and he said: "come on give us a kiss" and he signed my new copy of Humble Pie and asked me what I did and I mumbled some bollocks about fashion and being online FFS.

And now I'm all a-flutter like I've just met Vince Neil (the only alternate I can think of right now). Shame the photo Kath took is so crap, yet interesting that I managed with my shaky hands to take a better photo...


Me and Gordon, although it could be anyone


Very clearly Gordon and Kath


Seared lamb, the way I want all meat to be cooked


Lemon tart. Pretty.


Doing his thang on stage.


Just before he met me and fell in love.

Tagged with: gfm06. For a much better overview of the lunch, please read Rebecca's post.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

so you'll be serving lamb at the reception?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yes indeedy. It would only be fair to acknowledge this our first meeting.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Yum!

That sounds fabulous.

You + Me + Dinner at Verre here in Dubai when you come to visit.

6:09 PM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

Julia, you crack me up!! You write just the way your thought roll out!!! Sounds like you had a dreamy day ... just keep in mind he is apparently difficult to live with. At home, him and wife have separate kitchens. She cooks too ... whatever

6:50 PM  
Blogger deepkickgirl said...

Can we just move on? Please?! I mean it's not my fault your phone/camera takes crap photos... I did my best under stressful circumstances. Let's get some perspective here... there are children starving in the world. But my photo with him did turn out rather well... thanks!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and the all important question . . . exactly how much did he swear and exactly how foul-mouthed was he? or was he on best behaviour as most people last thurs thought he would be? to be honest, if he didn't say at least one outrageous thing I seriously would be asking for my money back.

i'm going along to see the lovely mr ramsay tomorrow at DJs.

7:47 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Ooh, very nice.

Why didn't Nigella kiss me?

5:40 AM  
Blogger Reb said...

At least you could still point the camera :) although exactly where is another question. It was fun, hey, I've just written up my bit too. But I didn't get a kiss just a grope of sorts.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home