Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Retox

By the first skim flat white, to discuss autumn/winter 2007 FFS, I was perked.
By the first glass of red wine with N, I was blabber mouth about a friendship gonski for 10 weeks.
By the first cigarette with D, Ibiza here we come!
By the third vodka tonic, it was life stories.
By the sixth vodka tonic, it was more life stories.
By the last cigarette, the packet split equally in half, it was exchange of phone numbers with a French Vin Diesel lookalike. Remember, I don't get Hollywood heartthrobs, but he was cute.
By the time I am in bed nauseous with OTT, trying to go to sleep but can't, I think of A. Someone I hate so much, someone I want to adore but can't even, someone I want to curl up with and be his best friend, as he tells me of girl problems, and we share a giggle. If anything, if we could only share a proper giggle. All the counselling in the world can't resolve what our problem was: we never had a laugh.
Feck I am so drunk and smokey. And therefore lucid I guess.

6 Comments:

Blogger AlphaChick said...

Lucid and more importantly truthful. Amazing how vodka clears the conscience!!

I think when you re-read post in the morning past decions will make more sense. Sounds like you have finally put your finger on it, and taken first step to rid yourself from old demons.

I'm here if yoou need me xx

7:19 AM  
Blogger Em said...

retox - hahah! Get yourself a burger for lunch and fries

yes I'm having one of those mornings, bottle of white and 3 baileys on ice last night while trying to study - joy!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

That is a shocker of a post. Oh well I couldn't sleep so something had to be written down.

Em you did well too - and studying!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

You got his number!!!!!

He was HOT!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Bumped into him later on in the night, small world (or suburb).

4:31 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yup. That seems about right. Eat some good grease and you'll be feeling better soon!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home