Monday, August 28, 2006

This Weekend

Blu Horizon is the worst bar in Sydney. And I know my bars. Don't go there. Go to The Summit. But it was a nice night, especially meeting S' new boyfriend and laughing about Jeannie Little. Oooh-aaah!

Then it was the first of the season's oysters (spectacular) at grandma's birthday, and Airport Guy came over for dinner, then Sunday morning we went flying. It was a gorgeous flight in a tiny four-seater, I forgot how I don't like turbulence and had sweaty palms until we levelled, and then it was fun. We crossed up to the northern beaches and the stretches of sand and emerald water with bobbing boats 2000ft below was glorious. We came home to watch some pathetic director's cut of The Professional/Leon. There is no way Luc Besson would have cut this. It is garbarge. The beauty of the original is the tension between Matilda and Leon, and this version was blatant and silly. Boo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I can't be flyin in those small arse planes. They scare the living shite outta me. You're very brave!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

How beautiful! I love this city ;-)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Oh sweetie, how is babuchka???

5:18 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Sounds like a fabulous way to spend Sunday - love the photo!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a fabulous date! Glad the turbulence settled down after a bit though. I would have been quite scared in that tiny plane if it hadn't!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Blu Horizon is a stunning bar! I was very impressed. Each to their own i guess

glad you had a good weekend

11:20 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Aaaah. Beautiful shot, but I can't do little planes.

Ja, the directors cut of Leon the Professional was crapola. Natalie Portman was just incredible in the original. I can't believe she was only 11.

9:02 PM  
Blogger pinochiette said...

I used to go to the summit when I was a little pup - we used to have family special occasions shindigs there. I can see they have fancied it up a bit since I've been away.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home