Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Chronicles Of...Becoming a Doggie Mum

So I've decided I'm serious about getting a dog. It started with this post, and now that I'm back I've thought more about it and think it's a right a time as it's going to be.

I have approval from my building (the Chairman is an ex-show judge - would Best In Show be his favourite movie? I certainly love it!) and so am on the lookout for a small female of any breed suitable for apartments, from puppy to around 3 years old. So here I'm going to chronicle the search for a pup to call my own.

Yesterday:
In love with two pups on the website of my favourite dog adoption place, a girl and boy. In the afternoon went to say hello. Took the lovely boy for a walk and he really is beautiful. The girl I was smitten with is hearing-impaired and they don't think it will work with being in an apartment and the chance of barking too high. I thought about it, and realised I want a female because mum's dog Nut is very much man of the house and I don't want to stir him up when I visit.

Today:
Put myself down on a waiting list for rescued pugs. Went a bit nuts looking at non-adoption websites but have calmed down. I want to help at least one pup have a better life and will wait for the right one to pop up at the pound or adoption agency.

Thanks so muchly to Theresa and Melanie for your fantastic advice and for Kath's positive support.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia -
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you. And you MUST GET A PUG! I hope your little Pug gives you as much happiness as mine has given me!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

Aww, I love pugs but my favorites are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels! Good luck with your search.

10:53 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yay! Your life will be forever blessed.

I found the most perfect little doggie, a rescued doggie. So sweet. She would be perfect for you. But alas, she's in the US.

You'll find your doggie match!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so glad you have decided to adopt a dog!!! :) pugs are the sweetest! you'll be the best doggie mum! :)

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home