Monday, July 10, 2006

What Else Can Be Said

I'm back.

It was heart-breaking this morning. Like someone had ripped out my larynx and all I was left with was a nauseous thump from my throat to the pit of my tummy. It was beyond belief and am still in a daze. Maybe some clues in the next few days, maybe something to cushion this blow...

And for me, back to the real world. Which is fine. This trip was mentally very different from all the others. No invisible pull of a love back home. Completely independant. No being forced back home and tears boarding the last flight. I was looking forward to home and family and friends. And there's always the next trip, the next summer on the horizon...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Are you going to boycott Italy now?

Never mind. The European Cup is in 2008.

It was great seeing you, even if it was for such a short time and big OUCH for the taxi fare. There should have been plenty of time for you to get there and check in though... Oh well. And I'll email you my address for copy of the pix.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Welcome back Jules. Thanks for sharing your travel thoughts - I really enjoyed reading them.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks everyone.

Sarah - what's happening in your world? I emailed you my pics but it bounced back. Email me.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home