Saturday, May 20, 2006

My Trip

A few have asked, so why not make this my weekend post. No, my itinerary is not rigid, I don't travel like that, this is just the plan to daydream over.

June 11: Leave Sydney
June 12: Stop in London for a few hours; have lunch with gorgeous R; stock up at Boots; fly on to Stuttgart
June 13: France v Switzerland (!!!)
June 14: Fly to Sicily. Spend a week in Siracua, Taormina, Palermo
June 21: Milan, Lake Como - spend a few days with dear friend R who I met in Florence last time
June 24: Eat myself silly in Bologna
June 26: The Mall, nuff said; overnight train to Paris
June 27: Straight to north Brittany; oysters in Cancale
June 30-July 5: Paris
July 6: 13 daylight hours in Tokyo; arrive in Sydney July 7

I would love to meet anyone that's in my ports of call - Nicole, Lauren, Eric...? And I always love hearing recs from people I'm half interested in, so if there's a shop, restaurant, passageway, exhibition you think I need to see, drop me a line.

12 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

You know I'd love to meet up with you while you're in Paris and eat and window shop and eat and window shop and... well that about sums it up !

4:00 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Fantabulous!

10:17 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Oh, oh, oh!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Etienne said...

Are you touring the Porsche factory in Stuttgart? I did that and it was really interesting. Also, in London, please pay a visit to my favorite tea salon, sketch (you can take a break there after all the shopping you\'ll be doing in the area at Oxford & Bond Street :) - my favorite remains Selfridges).

9:21 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

If only you were spending longer in London - we could do lunch at St. John, or my local the Anchor and Hope.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks for stopping by Etienne :-)

Unfortunately I'll only be in London for a couple of hours this time, but Sketch will be the first place I go to next time I'm there. R has been there and loves it too. Re: Porsche, I may do that, I've heard it's great.

Lottie - I know, I would love it! It's the one downside to having your own business, travel time has to be cut to a minimum.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be in Tokyo, as usual...

Miss Pink

11:33 AM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Enjoy Bologna babe. Shop to your hearts content and please take some extra photos

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The part of the itinerary that i am most envious of is the stop at Boots. I friggin love that place...why are there no chemists like that here??

6:15 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

RA - I know. A fellow Boots addict and I are planning to start a petition.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll sign it! They have a couple in Japan and Singapore but they're not the same.

When in Paris I like 'Cadet'. Lots of arty stuff and trinkets. Louis XVI furniture going for a few Euros. Bargain Central.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boots in Japan ??? But where ??????????

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home