Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Referrals

Hiya to all popping over from girl-crush-material Much Ado About Sumthin!

Like the rest of you, I daily check Sitemeter's referral page, and there are two main search terms that get the punters here:

Carine/Corine Roitfeld: You're as obsessed as me, but aren't sure if it's Carine or Corine. Let me clarify, it's: Carine. And she rocks.


I loved you first, Carine.

Perfect Fried Egg: A more recent but very popular addition to the referrals thanks to this post. Simply break an egg onto a clean plate and slide it into a pan (make sure the butter is bubbling slightly). I still can't really define why but I've only ever used this method since and the eggs are always superb, and I'll only ever fry eggs this way. PS Michel Roux's Eggs is one of the best cookbooks I've bought in years.


Adorable!

Other popular search terms include: Aujourd'hui, maman est morte, the opening lines to my favourite book; Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend and Anthony Bourdain's sunglasses - back off he's mine; all the new Surry Hills restaurants, like Lo Studio and La Sala - both are fantastic for a drink but I haven't yet dined at either; and to all you sick bastards out there - get your hand off it.

7 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I don't use butter when I'm frying an egg - I use PAM. Is that why my eggs suck?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Awwww, blog crush?? Gotta love that. I hope everyone pops over for a read.:)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Popping in from Stephie's World of Vadge Ticklers.

She's right, you are HAWT!!!!

2:01 AM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

I'm here to say hello because of Steph!

Anthony Bourdain is fabulous! But consider me backed off.

The search that gets people to my blog the most often: the lyrics to "Blister in the Sun", because I once wrote a post about having a police officer try to pick me up while I was singing along in my car.

Runner up: "toey". Which Steph taught me. You Aussies are a toey lot. :) I guess it all comes back to Steph after all...

2:05 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Gorgeous Jill - yes we are a toey lot and can thank Steph for promoting the fact!

Gush gush, you guys are very sweet, thanks for popping over.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Well, I've been referred by a friend of yours and I'm glad she did. :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

I'm glad I came to visit. :)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home