Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Saffron Linguine With Mushrooms

Nothing inspires my inner cook more than a stroll around Fratelli Fresh. It is my favourite foodie place in Sydney, and I was overjoyed to find they were still open this afternoon, after spending a few exhausting hours lugging and photographing kilos of heavy bags. I love lingering up and down their little aisles, always amazed at their fresh and interesting produce.

Anyone that knows me knows I obsessively love pasta, and mushrooms, and the combination is what I was craving after seeing another beautiful selection of mushrooms at Fratelli, including portobellos which I've never seen here. I picked up a bunch of baby leeks that looked so cute, and some chives instead of parsley. I also treated myself to some saffron linguine from Armando Percuoco's range.

Saute the leeks with some flattened cloves of garlic (the only way to cook with garlic). Add a couple of handfuls of sliced mushrooms, season with a generous amount of salt and pepper and saute for 10 minutes. Add cream, bring to the boil and saute for another 5 minutes. Mix through hot pasta and add chopped herbs. If you're like me, eat two portions - it's so good.

1 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

Sounds delicious...

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home