Thursday, March 30, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different

Apparently it's going to be 20 degrees this weekend. What the fuck. I was swimming at Bondi last week for chrissakes. I'm not ready to open that drawer in my tallboy yet.

So yesterday I was thinking I want to do the cliche that is skinny jeans and boots. Now, I abhor cliches, I abhor stupid catchcries like "what's hot now! what you need to wear now! the look for the season!" - even if I like them (rarely) I won't wear it out of principle. And Sydney is home to the what's-hot-now uniform.

So skinny jeans and boots have been the Sydney winter uniform for years now but right now it's actually the mood I'm in. A bit of black and a bit of fuck you. A bit of tall and lean and I so won't look like that sheep in the corner. Dark black ones, with a black turtleneck and keep it simple.

You know, something like this (and no I make no illusion to thinking I'm Angelina):



Oh and I'd pay $50 max.

6 Comments:

Blogger charlotte said...

ditto for the london winter uniform, but I say wear exactly what you feel like at any given time and that will set you apart from the sheep!

7:51 PM  
Blogger iggy said...

I would kill for 20 degrees right now. Where the hell is spring? I want to wear my new sandals and a skirt!

10:54 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

'Skinny jeans and boots' is one of my favourite looks- particularly when lots of black is involved.

People only look like prats in fashion "cliches" when they wear the trendy items without style or personality- I'm sure you won't have that problem.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

You guys rock - I'll give it a go then and report back. I know there's a pair of jeans turned skinny because I can't say no to cheese, so I'll see how they go.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skinny jeans? FFS!!

I'm not talking to you,
I'm deleting your number from my phone and your email address from my address book.

See ya ;-)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Haha you'll be back, especially when you're bored (so see you in 20!)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home