Monday, February 27, 2006

Not Afraid Of Romance

Friday night, wedding dinner for David and Jess, with pizza and Snickers gelato. Nice.
At Italian Giacomo delights in teaching us the word minchia and we have a laugh, it's really great.
A and I drive down to Gymea for Wayne's 40th birthday, which is also a surprise wedding. A really pleasant evening, complete with Johnny Cash sung on the deck.
Sunday I need the beach, and for an hour before lunch it's cold saltwater and warm sunshine. I love Sydney. And then I meet H for high tea at The Victoria Room. The hug from him is big and shaky and we spend a couple of hours chatting about his trip and whatnot. Tea is lovely in the loveliest of rooms, perfection to the last detail, but at $80 for two - despite that including a fabulishous ice tea cocktail each - takes the gloss off. High tea at Sheraton on the Park was a little less but the food, and amount of food, was more wow.
He gives me a present of two necklaces in a gorgeous lacquered box and texts me after I leave, and if it was only from a man who you loved.
I put on a random SATC episode after David Attenborough and of course, these things come in threes, it's the Ick episode. It's just raining romance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Darling
I am very happy to hear you are becoming somewhat a follower of high tea ceremony. After visit Cliveden House in December I am very much looking forward to the next event. We should definitely book and go when I am in Sydney in Jan 2007!
xx

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again ... remind me to tell you about about the 'chicken mushroom pie-in-latte' incident at Harvey Nicks 5th Floor restaurant in Hong Kong. This story works best in person, hopefully with Shosh around to recreate the atmosphere of that day. It was hilarious!

11:29 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh high tea is so sophisticated. Glad that things went well; I was thinking of you all weekend!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home