Friday, January 13, 2006

In The Mood For Cooking

Except I don't. My little open plan kitchen doesn't inspire me to cook, or maybe it's the cooking for one, or maybe - highly likely - it's my laziness. Laziness coupled with too many cheap eat options living in the inner city. This week has been Chinese, Vietnamese, pasta, cocktails, Thai.

But last night I got in bed with Damien Pignolet's french, my Christmas present from A. It's a beautiful cookbook, with unpretentious photos and intimidating recipes. I set out to mentally plan a three course dinner for us à la 'thank you for the book, look I've put it to good use'. Couldn't find anything that I could whip up on a Saturday afternoon without a sweat and an anxiety attack, so I went to sleep annoyed (and let down at myself - I used to relish cooking).

Now I am at Chocolate & Zucchini, lusting after her Carbonades Flamandes, and feel inspired again. Perhaps Damien's duck liver parfait, and I'm not too shabby with a souffle (the Valrohna chocolate one looks sexy), so my faith is restored.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I LOVE the invitation - very cute!

3:54 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yes, too cute! I'm the same way about cooking just for me. Solitude can inspire laziness, you know what I mean?

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I concur, swell invitation. Whatever you decided on cooking, I hope you'll post pictures!

3:36 AM  
Blogger chimera said...

Love the blog - it is so deliciously you ! Cooking... will make teriyaki style salmon steaks tonight. Have already opened a cheap but decent bottle of Côtes du Rhône in an effort to get started...

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tres adorable!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home