Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Brazilian

We went out last night.
I was completely intimidated leading up to.
I mean, he's Brazilian. The land of Brazilians. The land of derrieres as ripe and bitealicious as peaches.
And sure, I have a Brazilian, but isn't that so ho-hum when faced with a guy from the land of origin? It's like giving lavender soap as a thank-you-for-having-me gift when you've stayed with friends who have a holiday home in Provence. It's like, tell me something I don't know.
We went out. It was supposed to be a double drinks thing with Alisha picking up some Irish backpacker, but that didn't eventuate. He was not as cute as I remembered him to be. Ah, damn it. Champagne on my fragile tummy turned into too much Chinese at Superbowl in the wee hours. A sweet guy, not a bad kisser, but nada, and now he's a bit too keen, inviting me to share his birthday solo with him, etc etc...
I'm no good at these things.
(OK I'm fessing up: a big part of the me no likey is his accent. It's pure Borat. I just can't).

3 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I'm no good at these things, either. But it's good practice, to go out on dates like this. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always think I like a guy a little better than I turn out to do, which has made me end up with a few stalkers. Be careful! :)

7:37 PM  
Blogger maitresse said...

god I haaaaate that, how to extricate oneself politely.... had a date last week with a guy I liked well enough (from a country near brazil!) but not enough enough, and I feel horrible!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home