Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Woman's Right To Shoes

Ok, I don't blame you for thinking "this girl is obsessed with SATC!" with all the posting I've been doing lately, but actually before Jules brought me the boxed set from China I had only seen the occassional episode. It's been really fun to get right into it and follow it from the beginning.

A Woman's Right To Shoes is probably my favourite episode. I love the idea behind it (and sheesh I love the look right at the end: white/floral loose blouse, khaki wide leg capris and those Manolos - plus her confident hop over the puddle). It's hard to find fault with the reasoning - that we celebrate those who choose to get engaged/married/have children (and with gifts!) but not those who choose to be single and happy, or, married to yourself.

So...those who are single and loving it - would you marry yourself and throw a party (with gifts!)?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Oh sure - blame me for your SATC obsession!! ;-)

1:15 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yes! I LOVE that outfit, too (that was the one I couldn't find for my favorite outfits). And I love that episode.

I think about throwing myself a single-gal party. I swear, the older I get (and the singler I stay) the more I relate to that show. Even the early episodes are still so fresh, even after I've seen them dozens of times.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is my favorite episode as well! (BIG Surprise!)

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home