Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tu Meme, Je Meme

Kapow - tagged by Beautiful Lola.

Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

1. Speaking Russian to strangers intimidates me whereas French doesn't, not really.
2. I hate the noise airplane toilets make when you flush them. I always think there's a slight chance you might get sucked in - and out - of them.
3. I've decided that politics don't matter a single bit. It's all bullshit.
4. It annoys me when people order capuccinos after dinner.
5. Even though Before Sunrise/Before Sunset are my favourite movies, I can't bring myself to watch them most of the time, because it drives me crazy how good they are and I want to scream and reach out and touch them.
6. I just won a fantastic competition!
7. I was obsessed with becoming the Australian ambassador to India when I was 16. After that phase I had no interest in going to India, ever. A few weeks ago it was all I wanted, and I hope to go there before the year's end.

I tag: Kath but only if she goes back to bed afterwards; Cam; Miss R; Jo; Mlle N and Julie (I would love to tag Delphine, but no blog?).

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

What fantastic competition did you just win? Details, Missy!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I'm with you on the airplane loo thing. I find holding onto the tap with one hand and the flimsy door lock with the other makes me feel safer. . .

9:47 PM  
Blogger surfercam said...

re No.4 - Why? Not that I do it, as I don't like caps, but I do like a good coffee after dinner, but I am normally drinking wine...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Jules - will report back post-winnings.

Lola - I do the same. It's such a good look.

SC - because I'm traditional, and coffee with milk is a morning drink. Especially one sprinkled with chocolate.

12:42 PM  
Blogger The unknown poster said...

Hey Julia

I am obsessed with India and have been for a while now. If you're interested in good literature about the country, try any book by William Dalrymple, esp City Of Djinns. He's the best writer about India I've found thus far. Very good. Also, Salmon Rushdie's book The Ground Beneath her Feet is also awesome...sort of Rock Gods love story based in Mumbai. I read it in Laos and couldn't put it down.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Hi K!

I've read a little William Dalrymple and love his style, and will look out for those books. Thanks!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home