Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh. What A Night

I met the Italian to hear what he had to say, or to say goodbye or whatever. Actually I realise why I did it - because I recognised the good in him.

And it was actually nice. I didn't feel the creepiness, and we sat in the park under a blue dome sky and chatted. Sei bella. Your eyes.

He's the one person who understands my inner hippy, my inner crazy, my inner core. That's what he is. I could never be that person, but it was so nice to be, just for a few hours. I was that person in Noumea, I was that person for a few days in Paris, I was for a few hours tonight. And that's why I said goodbye and didn't have dinner with him, didn't prolong it, because I don't need anything more.

It's not often you can look in someone's eyes without blinking for a minute or more, or listen to someone speak honestly, from beyond the heart. It's not often you can lose yourself.



4 Comments:

Blogger Luli said...

Alas, love may not bloom between the two of you, BUT, at least you can eat at the deli again!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You have a way of putting certain things into words sometimes that I often feel, but don't know how to say.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Luli that's true!

Karen, thank you. It's amazing when you can put into words the feelings going on in your head and your heart.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

why do we all supress our inner hippie?

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home