Wednesday, February 07, 2007

For The First Time

In conversation and in text: "Let me know if you want to get a drink sometime soon".

For the first time, I said "no". I said, "as much as I would like to, I can't. I need to put myself first and I'm doing that for the first time".

And he agreed, and said it was the right thing, and he feels the same about it all, and that he admired me for saying it. And we said how we enjoyed being friendly, and that it wasn't the same as being friends, and that was a shame, but that's how it is with us. And I hung up after 43 minutes with a huge smile. My heart is pounding with happiness.

He is a great man. He's not for me. And I did it. For the first time, I did the right thing for me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuuh. that was quite powerful and YES inspirational.
delphine

3:43 AM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

Fantastic feeling, isn't it!! Great for you babe! xx

7:17 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That's so good to hear, julia! I've been needing to start paying more attention to what's right for me, but I fall into the trap of making decisions that feel good right now, instead of thinking about how they'll feel later...
Thanks for the inspiration (as always)!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Mabs said...

Good for you, it must feel so great.

Like Karen, I need to start doing that!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Wow, I guess these small but powerful decisions are inspiring.

Karen, exactly.

11:06 AM  
Blogger MissK said...

Good for you,it can be hard to say but it's a huge relief when it's done.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home