Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Perfect Fried Egg

I just cooked The Perfect Fried Egg.

I'd been hankering for it all afternoon (no thanks to ordering Eggs, by Michel Roux, on Amazon). I used the method I've read about lately: cracking the egg onto a clean plate and sliding it into a frypan. The cookbook authors unanimously say it gives the cleanest, purest taste, so I was keen to put it to the test. I also used very little butter, working on the idea that pancakes are best with just a little butter to grease the pan.

It's true. It was The Perfect Fried Egg.

The white had a wonderful clean texture and taste, the yolks gorgeously kept their shape and yielded their runny goodness at the first firm bite. I did not take a photo as I scoffed both down - one on bread with mayonnaise, one on plain bread - in about 20 seconds flat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

That's a great idea! I will definitely try that out. You are such a domestic goddess!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Ooh, more on that please...

9:04 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

I aso fried an egg for supper, however my technique was not quite so professional. Consequently, my egg probably was not as delectable. I must try the plate-transfer maneouvre...

Your food related entries are putting my {lacking} culinary talents to shame.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home