Friday, April 21, 2006

Oops

At this point in my life, why shouldn't I accept to meet a man for a coffee, even if that man is someone my mum knows and has been trying to set me up with for a year. The idea of being set up makes my skin crawl, but my reasoning right now is: I'm open to pretty much anything else...why not this.

I return his call last night and leave a voicemail message.
"Hi ---- this is Julia, just returning your call, give me a call back, I'll be home tonight" *think I'm hanging up, stupid driver causes me to have massive road rage, I slam my fist on the horn and scream "you fucking idiot!" realise phone is still on and message still recording*

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Nice work! That should be in a sitcom.

And I'm like you; I don't trust the set up (though I do often wonder why friends never think to set me up!)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hahahahaha! That's brilliant!

Did you phone back and leave another message, explaining that you weren't swearing at him? And more importantly, has he phoned you back?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

He called back.

I apologised on behalf of 'my friend' who I was driving with at the time and who has very bad road rage (I felt like Carrie in SATC when Petrovski calls for the first time).

He said he never heard that bit anyway.

We're meeting for coffee next weekend.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO@road rage.

As you know, The Viking and I were set up.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious!!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home