Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Daily

One of the epiphanies I had over the Easter break is that I want to get back into pilates and eat better. It's all about excess at the moment and it's not the place I want to be in. It's the first time I've craved to do exercise instead of just having to go. The other focus is eating healthy and drinking less. The constant indulgence is all very well and lovely in small doses, becomes ho-hum when it's all the time. Champers during the week and weekend, which will give into red wine as the cooler weather settles in, just isn't good for the waist or wallet. I remember meeting people for coffee, what an outdated concept that seems now...

Last week an old school friend emailed me with details of the charity walk she did on the Great Wall, raising money for MS. It sounds absolutely amazing and here I am too lazy to cross the road for lunch. Her challenge has inspired me to challenge myself.

So in the style of Bridget Jones, a movie I've never seen (or maybe I have but I fell into a coma watching it), I'm going to do a daily stocktake of where I'm at.

Pilates: 0 (went to get ready and I can't find my yoga pants. Must've thrown them out when I moved. The one time I don't want any excuses!)
Cigarettes: 1
Lunch: Healthy sandwich
Dinner: Pizza. God I felt bad, even though it was so delicious.

4 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I hear you. I feel LUCKY that my clothes fit after my indulgence while in Oz (soon to be my indulgence while in Spain).

(And I must confess, I do love Bridget Jones!)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Who did the wall walk?

Pizza for dinner! It starts today right?

I'll lend you Bridget Jones

9:59 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

It definitely starts today. I even had breakfast!

It's only 1-2kgs I'd like to lose, but I just want to get fit and tone up.

Asimina did the walk.

10:10 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Bridget Jones is a must see/read just for sheer laugh out loud entertainment.

re: getting into shape- virtuous of you... I know what you mean regarding treats and little indulgences becoming mundane when experienced in excess- good luck with getting into BB shape.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home