Tuesday, March 07, 2006

School Reunion

My school reunion is this Friday. It has been 9.5 years but the eager beaver organisers can't wait till the end of the year. I am very blase about it, there is no one I am looking forward to catching up with - I am friends and in touch with those I want to be and the rest I am neutral about. I don't remember their names and there are no crushes to chase up. It sounds like most are married with children, which gobsmacks me. Why is anyone married, with children, in their 20s?

I shall wear fabulous shoes and repeat my life story from the past ten years over and over again. It'll be like speed dating without any desperation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gads.

the School Reunion.

I didn't go to our 10 year one - I'd just flown in from NYC and was jet lagged to all buggery. So I got the only school friend i am in contact with to send my greetings and apologies.

15 years is this year, and from what i've heard nearly everyone is up to their armpits in baby poo. My best friend from school is on to her THIRD kid. Actually, she was up to her third at the last reunion - god knows how many more she's spat out in the last 5 years. Pretty much explains why we aren't best friends anymore.

But assuming the Eager Beaver Social Committee don't make it early (higly unlikely) that gives me another 6 months to find the perfect shoes.

Good luck with yours. Just remember to drink masses and exxagerate everything.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Exagerate? No need - I don't have a baby and am about to go to the World Cup - what could be more fabulous than that! ;-)

Shots of tequila beforehand have been arranged.

4:09 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I missed mine because I had to go to a job interview. Somehow, my life doesn't feel incomplete (kind of like missing my senior prom).

10:18 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yep, I'm totally blase about it.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to mine a couple of years ago.

Kind of wish I didn't.

Will not be in a hurry to go to the next one, whenever that might be (apparently some people wanted to repeat the event again the following year!)

Crazy.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home