Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Last night, before an advance screening of Transamerica, I was telling Natalie about my most romantic Valentine's Day experience. H sent me a note to the effect of "I want you to have something even if we don't believe in it". And that sums it up: I don't believe in it, but I still want something.

Natalie: "No wonder guys can't work us out".

So true.

So I guess us single girls have it easy - we don't need to worry about this shit. We treat ourselves to whatever we want (remember how much we used to spend with partners - spend it on yourself). For me, that'll be a chocolate-coated strawberry, and hopefully a cocktail with Jules who's flying in for the evening.

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Well, I'm babysitting for a friend and her husband so that they can go out for Valentine's Day. I figure, it's all about love, right?

PS: how'd you like the movie?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

That's lovely, and yes, that's love.

Re: the movie. Performances were amazing. Felicity especially does something special - acting like that really is a gift to the audience. I liked everything about it, no criticisms, but for some reason didn't feel too much for the characters. Can't explain it.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hell yes to that drink when I arrive! Its been the kind of day that has been hectic from go to whoa - can't wait to get on that plane and just stay still for a while!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Julia! I love the whole treating yourself concept. Enjoy your cocktails and strawberries!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i need to see this movie.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home