Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rant

I get emails from designers all the time hoping to be stocked on my site. Some are professional, well-written, polite and complete with an overview of their label. More than not though, they are pathetic, there's no other word from it, and it leaves me gob-smacked and annoyed. I have had countless applications written in phone text type, ie "i can email you more photos if u want"; there's rarely one that doesn't contain spelling mistakes; some have not even registered their business name while others send photos of their products of such poor quality that it turns me off no matter how fabulous the designs are.

I usually send off a stock standard thanks but no thanks and good luck but I'm at my tether and think perhaps a polite yet firm email with some helpful pointers would ease my frustration and maybe help these poor souls. Or not?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A stock standard email is sufficient in my opinion. It may help to point them in the direction of other avenues they could pursue but I wouldn't feel burdened with having to act as their business adviser.

Do unto others, they say, so if they've only spent 5 seconds rattling off an email I wouldn't feel obliged into reciprocating with much more =)

6:43 PM  
Blogger iggy said...

But you have some fabulous stuff on your site, which means being picky is good!
Btw, thank you for the skirt and top, they arrived yesterday and I love them both! The top is actually more delicate looking than I though, which is good :)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek. I can't imagine how one could go into business and think it's acceptable to send emails with "text type." Didn't their Momma's teach them any better? Sad, but definitely not your job, Julia, hopefully they'll get the hint when enough professionals won't do business with them. Hopefully?

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home