Monday, September 19, 2005

Le Petit Singe Has A Housewarming Party

I love a nickname, so when Ione called me le petit singe after I did the ol' trick of stuffing a banana lolly under my top lip sometime during my housewarming party, I liked it so much, so I'm now le petit singe. Although it should be la petite singe. As you will.

The housewarming party. Have never really had one before, although there was something with M once that could be classified as a housewarming. People popped over, new friends made, alcohol and drugs consummed, I even remember some charming little games being played near the fridge. But this was my very own housewarming, and it went down a treat. Why?

1. The best people showed up.
2. Kath's Famous Peking duck rolls.
3. Pina Ilanas.
4. My place is much-loved and very "Sex And The City" according to 6 Beers Martin.
5. Pimms.
6. The BHD's "it's 10.30 in the morning, I just finished yawning" slipped in amongst Blondie and Dimitri in Paris.
7. Pina Ilanas.
8. There was pork crackling, and I ate a bag of it. And when I woke up in the morning there were still a few curly wurlys left, so I ate them for breakfast.

Need proof? Here are some photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

OK, I'm curious - what are Pina Ilanas?

3:03 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Pina Ilanas are named after Ilana, who created them at her housewarming. It was "a bit of this, a bit of that" and blend. Basically vanilla icecream, vodka, some kind of fruit juice, maybe Malibu, ah, who knows. They were so good they made another appearance on Saturday night and are getting quite the reputation around town.

Creamy, frothy, deadly - Pina Ilanas.

3:10 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

jules beat me to it. I was just about to type, "What are Pina Ilanas?"

Sounds like an excellent time!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home