Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Delicious Dainties

It's Christmas in September! And Jules is my kind of Santa Claus. In yesterday's mail:

* US Vogue September (with SJP looking fabulously lush on the cover).
* US Harper's Bazaar September.
* MAC - Damzel Lip Glass, Rosemary & Thyme Eye Kohl, Buried Treasure Powerpoint and Pinch O' Peach Blush. I love MAC.
* Nine different coloured beaded magnetic bracelets/necklaces from China.
* The cutest pocket tissues!
* The cutest luggage tags with perfect inscriptions such as "careful! my shoes are inside!"
* A shoe stamp.
* The lovliest handwritten card with a felt shoe on the front.

There is nothing like getting something in the mail (that's one of the reasons I love online shopping). So you can imagine my Cheshire cat grin when there were two more packages in today's mail, containing:

* Lots of faux DVDs from China - from the "corgeous...l'integsale de la pesie" (!) Sex and the City to a beautiful pale aqua box set of Francois Truffaut films. Despite being a francofille and adorer of Jeanne Moreau I have still never seen Jules et Jim so I can't wait to watch it.

4 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Ah, lovely. Such perfect little guilty pleasures -- the magazines especially (and now I can't find my Sept. Harper's to flip through with you!)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Yay! for receiving fun things in the mail! (ie, real mail, not nasty bills or boring pieces of junk mail). This is why I had "write more letters" as one of my Not 1 January Resolutions.

Enjoy!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Em said...

oh wow that is so lovely of Jules!!! What a fantastic surprise!

You will be in your element for months to come

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCKY GIRL!
Jules! Send me something too, next time! :-)

xo-Beth

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home