Friday, March 02, 2007

Not Afraid Of Romance

The young guy who works at the Italian deli we get lunch from most days (and who now have Prosciutto San Daniele - I am so excited! I have bought myself 100g to enjoy at the right moment) and I have had a kind of crush on each other the past few weeks. The first time he saw me, he did a very movie-like double take, and each subsequent visit yields a slight advance in mutual admiration. Why, yesterday he went as far as coming out of the kitchen for a cheeky "ciao, how are you?"

This morning he came in and gave me a bouquet of flowers, with a card saying "everytime I see you, you make me feel speechless. I'd love to meet up with you sometime soon...." Of course I was speechless, semi hungover from last night's bday drinks with D and J and completely redundant on how to react in these situations. I gave him a call, "no, it was the minimum I can do" - oh, I love English As A Second Language. A drink next week, very blown away.

Repeat to self: do not bring up the World Cup, do not bring up the World Cup...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds charming.
delphine

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

That sounds very, very cute. God, getting flowers is just the best thing.

7:53 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Oh girl, go with it! Sounds like such fun. And definitely don't bring up the World Cup! 'Course, then again maybe it could make for a good laugh...

Unexpected flowers and a lovely note -- what a great way to make a gal's day!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home