Friday, September 08, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Give me yachts and double-digit carat necklaces and Beluga and I'll still prefer a life of simple pleasures.

Like coming home in the cold and making the most delicious dinner, and eat it curled up on the couch with Sex and the City.

Butter a large ramekin and spread leftover mash potatoes, mixed with chopped chives, on the bottom. Halve some truss tomatoes and pop them over the mash, skin side down. Break a duck egg over the tomatoes, season, and pour a little cream over the top. Bake until set.

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Yum. Sounds just perfect. So simple, but still so delish.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Mmmm, I know what I want to make myself this weekend!

I still mourn the fact that I've seen all of the SATC episodes more times than I can count. While I still love them all, I miss having a new one to discover.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yummo! That sounds simple enough for me to try.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell you what.....you have your mashed taties, tomato and egg and I'll have the diamonds and caviar. Deal? ;-)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic,and you have the right weather for it this weekend.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home