Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Date #1

I briefly email with a guy and as it's my first proper contact I prefer to talk or meet up, and we speak on Monday and it's very pleasant, and line up a drink for Tuesday night.

I'm a little nervous showing up, his picture is very good looking and I guess I am intimidated by very good looking people that I don't know. We go to a quiet bar and have a couple of drinks and it's really easy. He's a nice guy, very open and I feel comfortable. He's slightly shorter than me - a first - but as good looking as the pic. There's quite a bit he reveals that's not on his profile, and I understand his reasons but take everything with a grain of salt. You have to, with these things.

Now, I haven't had much date experience. So when we left and he asked if I would like a coffee back at his place, I choked with the clichedness of the question. Yes, sounded too easy. No, sounded like I hadn't had a good time, and I had. What to do?

"Thanks, but I shouldn't have a coffee as I'm going to the dentist in the morning".

Mind you I'd just had two red wines and many cigarettes.

This sounded so absurd I realised the only thing that could save it was to laugh it off and agree.

He's an account manager for a record label and a musician and he played me his CD, and we kiiiiiiiiiiiiissed on his lounge, and he invited me to come back so he could cook me dinner. But I have another date that night. Another night would be better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

hahahahaha! That is hilarious about the dentist comment! Expect a full interrogation when I see you this weekend!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I have been thinking about internet dating .... maybe I should give it a try.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

so what now? do you like him? are you going to see him again?

details missy! DETAILS!

3:32 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

As you know, I'm not a big fan of the internet dating, BUT I did just have a cute (seemingly-interesting) guy wink at me, so I winked back. The first mutual contact in several months. That's progress!

Good luck with your own exploration of internet dating!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home